Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Database Update

Since we have just installed a new version of Postgresql and PostGIS with GEOS support, I decided to reload the tables into the database. I also wanted to add a GisT index to make queries a bit faster.

The first thing I did was drop all of the tables that were currently in the database. Then I took the newest shapefiles from my machine and converted them to sql using the shp2pgsql function. I then uploaded the new files into the nij_database under the schema name "nij". The tables are currently there now and i have not only put the woodward files in, but also the cameron files.

Another thing I did was convert the junction files that I had created with the network datasets and put them in the database as well.

I am hoping that Jianfei will have a viewer ready by next week, this will give me a better idea of how things are working and if I need to make any changes to the tables or their geometries.

No comments: