Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Project update for week of Feb. 15th

This week I have been tasked with coming up with a working iPhone application. This application is to have some key functionality, such as:

  • connect to the database server
  • display some openGL content related to the project
  • have a easy to use UI
  • provide functionality for iphone functions such as accelerometer and other things
Currently, I have a template and a simple user interface. I hope to expand on this later in the week and at least have the iPhone application for the postgres server running. Later on I will try to incorporate aspects of Jianfei's desktop application.

Currently ,the learning curve is very steep on Objective-C programming and Cocoa touch. I am trying to sift through a mountain of information and come up with something that works, and it's not always easy.

No comments: