Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Progress on room polygon feature class and georeferencing

Today I focused mainly on georeferencing all of the files that I have into NAD1983 Coordinate system. I have completed a good deal of this work, and am now focusing on extracting room polygons from the CAD data and pasting them in their own feature class in the geodatabase.

The room polygons have been extracted form the CAD files and this is what it looks like:




I have also updated the database to reflect the room numbers and brief descriptions of each room. The process was rather painstaking and involved using the predefined polygons from the CAD files and copying them over into a new feature class in my database. I then used the CAD files to determine room numbers and other information. The areas of the rooms nearly match perfectly with the polygons in my feature class with only a few hundredths of a degree of error, which is to be expected.

The next step is to create the line features and convert them into a geometric network. This will allow me to focus on the big picture.

No comments: