Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Goals for this week...

Today I have mainly been collecting datasets and other things so that I can continue making improvements to my prototype. The first thing that I have now is a coverage that has the latest street centerlines. However, it seems to not be entirely complete for UNCC so I will have to later change it to a shapefile so I can add roads to it. It will also be unnecessary to build a network from the shapefile in order to do analysis on it.

I also need to start the process of creating the hallway networks in GIS. For now I am only going to focus on just the centerline shapefiles and creating a network out of them, then connecting them to the existing street centerline files.

If time allows, I also need to clean up the work I did previously and correct some alignment issues that I have been having.

I hope to start following a new data model that I have stumbled upon on the web. It's referred to as the Building Information Spatial Data Model (BISDM) and relates to indoor GIS applications. I am sure that this will come in handy in the future, the link is http://bisdm.org/information/

No comments: