Friday, October 24, 2008

Today's Progress 10/23

I finally got an email back from Kurt Olmsted about the data I had requested in his department. The Mecklenburg GIS team now has the 911 data and the master address data, and today I got access to their database of information.

This should prove useful, especially if the scope of the project increases in the future. I also have building footprint data for the entire county that I will be able to use as contour layers for buildings.

We have also been working on this automation problem. Jianfei and myself are currently working to come up with a solution. I am strictly using GIS while he is using analytical tools in a program that he is writing. I am hoping that we can come up with a solution to fix these time consuming issues.

No comments: