Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today's Progress

Today I updated COITVISCENTER.uncc.edu, which is serving as our backup database with all of the new shapefiles, and geodatabase files. I need to start archiving things on a regular weekly basis now that we have much more data to store and handle. It would be critical if anything was lost on the local machine, which is where the majority of the source data is at.

Another thing I did today was email Kurt Olmstead, who is the directory of Mecklenburg County GIS services. I asked him for some help with this research project and if he could provide any relevent data for us. I met him earlier this week when he gave a presentation to our class and let me know that his department is now over theE-911 and MAT data for the county.

I am still awaiting an email back, but hopefully something good will come of this.

No comments: